Mandrill is a transactional email API for Mailchimp users.
Follow our step-by-step Mandrill setup guide to connect Mandrill with your destination using Fivetran connectors.
Fivetran uses Webhooks to sync the email events as they occur. We capture the following email events:
We cannot sync historical data since webhooks provides only real time events. This applies to all the Mandrill connectors created after May 20, 2020.
Mandrill can take an extremely long time to process Fivetran requests, which causes our syncs to automatically re-schedule.
We use the following workaround to sync data:
- Fivetran submits a request to the Mandrill server. We wait 2 hours for the request to complete.
- If Mandrill processes and completes the request within 2 hours, we sync the data.
- If Mandrill doesn't process the request after 2 hours, we reschedule the sync by 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, using the previously submitted request ID, we try to fetch the request status from Mandrill.
- We perform the following steps based on the request status:
- If the request is completed, we sync the data.
- If the request is not completed, we again reschedule the sync by 30 minutes. We continue to reschedule the syncs until Mandrill processes and completes the request.