Mandrill is a transactional email API for Mailchimp users.
Follow our step-by-step Mandrill setup guide to connect Mandrill with your destination using Fivetran connectors.
For the historical sync, Fivetran will sync back to Mandrill's default retention period of 90 days.
Mandrill silently revises clicks and opens metrics in the API results. Fivetran works around this by re-syncing portions of data periodically:
- Every update re-sync the last 24 hours of data.
- Once a day 30 days of data is updated.
Mandrill can take an extremely long time to process Fivetran requests, which causes our syncs to automatically re-schedule.
We use the following workaround to sync data:
- Fivetran submits a request to the Mandrill server. We wait 2 hours for the request to complete.
- If Mandrill processes and completes the request within 2 hours, we sync the data.
- If Mandrill doesn't process the request after 2 hours, we reschedule the sync by 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, using the previously submitted request ID, we try to fetch the request status from Mandrill.
- We perform the following steps based on the request status:
- If the request is completed, we sync the data.
- If the request is not completed, we again reschedule the sync by 30 minutes. We continue to reschedule the syncs until Mandrill processes and completes the request.