Workday Financial Management Setup Guide Private Previewlink
Follow our setup guide to connect Workday Financial Management to Fivetran.
To connect Workday Financial Management to Fivetran, you need a Workday Integration System User account that has read permissions for financials domain objects in Workday.
NOTE: An ISU account's username has the following format:
Create integration system user link
- Log in to your Workday application using an Administrator account.
- In the application's search box, search for 'create user' and then select Create Integration System User.
- Enter a User Name and Password.
- Leave the Require New Password at Next Sign In checkbox unchecked.
- Check the Do Not Allow UI Sessions checkbox.
- Click OK and then click Done.
Create integration security group link
- In the search box, search for 'create security group' and then select Create Security Group.
- In the Type of Tenanted Security Group drop-down menu, select Integration System Security Group (Unconstrained).
- Enter a Security Group Name and click OK.
- In the Edit Integration System Security Group (Unconstrained) window, add the integration system user you created in Step 1 to this security group.
- Click OK.
Add domain security policies link
In the search box, search for 'security group membership and access' and then select the report link.
Select the security group you created in Step 2 and click OK.
Click the ... symbol next to the security group name.
Select Security Group > Maintain Domain Permissions for Security Group.
In the Integration Permissions section, in the Domain Security Policies permitting Get access field, add all the relevant domains.
TIP: You will see an alert. You must activate the security policy changes.
Click OK and then click Done.
Activate security policy changeslink
- In the search box, search for 'Activate Pending Security Policy Changes'.
- Select Activate Pending Security Policy Changes.
- In the comment box, enter 'I approve the changes' and then click OK.
- Check the Confirm checkbox and then click OK.
Finish Fivetran configuration link
- In the connector setup form, enter the Destination schema name of your choice.
- Enter your Workday Username.
- Enter your Workday Tenant. You can find the tenant in your Workday Web Services URL:
- Enter your Workday Password.
- Enter your Workday Hostname. You can find the hostname in your Workday Web Services URL:
- Click Save & Test. Fivetran will take it from here and sync your Workday Financial Management data.