Medallia Setup Guide link
Updated November 16, 2023
Follow our setup guide to connect Medallia to Fivetran.
To connect Medallia to Fivetran, you need:
Create new role link
Log in to your Medallia account.
Go to the Setup page.
Create a new role with the following configuration:
- Name: Enter a role name of your choice.
- Category: Fivetran
- Member Capabilities: Add
Create account link
Go to the AppID Accounts page.
Create a new account with the following configuration:
- Account name: Enter an account name of your choice.
- Account type: Custom
- Role: Assign the role you created in Step 1 to the account. The role determines the account's access privileges.
Create OAuth client account link
Go to the Clients page.
Create an OAuth client account for the application with the following configuration:
- Client ID: Enter a client ID of your choice.
- Confidential: Enabled
- Grants: Choose Client Credentials Grant for backend services
- Client subject: Enter the AppID account name you created in Step 2.
Copy the Client secret for the OAuth client account and make a note of it. You need it to configure Fivetran.
Finish Fivetran configurationlink
- In the connector setup form, enter the Destination schema name of your choice.
- Enter your Medallia subdomain.
- Enter your Domain type and Company name.
- Enter the OAuth Client ID you created in Step 3.
- Enter the Client secret you copied in Step 3.
- Click Save & Test. Fivetran will take it from here and sync your Medallia account data.