Google Analytics 360 Setup Guide
Follow our setup guide to connect Google Analytics 360 to Fivetran.
To connect your Google Analytics 360 account to Fivetran, you need:
- A Google Analytics 360 account
- A Google Cloud Platform role with sufficient permissions to provision IAM roles for BigQuery access and Storage Object creation (such as Project Owner or Project IAM Admin roles)
Go to your Fivetran dashboard and click on + Connector.
Select the Google Analytics 360 connector to launch the setup form.
Make a note of the unique auto-generated email address at the bottom of the setup form (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org). You will need this email to configure your source system to sync with Fivetran.
NOTE: The auto-generated email is tied to your account. If you close and re-open the setup form, the email will remain the same. You may wish to keep the tab open in the background while you configure your source for convenience, but closing it is also OK.
In Google Cloud Console
Configure BigQuery export for GA360
Get your BigQuery Project ID and Dataset ID
Go to your Google Cloud Console and go to your projects list.
Find the Project ID of the project you created when you configured BigQuery export for GA360 in Step 1 of this section. Make a note of the Project ID. You will need it to fill in your Fivetran Google Analytics 360 setup form.
Under the project, find the dataset you created. Make a note of the Dataset ID. You will need it to fill in your Fivetran Google Analytics 360 setup form.
Grant permissions to Fivetran
Navigate to your Google Cloud Platform project members list.
Select + Add to create a new user. The Add members form will appear.
In the New members field, enter the auto-generated email address you copied from the Fivetran setup form.
Select roles for the Fivetran account. The minimum roles that Fivetran needs to function are
BigQuery Job User, and
BigQuery Data Viewer. You must assign the Fivetran account all three roles. These roles provide permissions to:
- run, enumerate, and cancel our own jobs (updates) - enumerate all datasets and tables within a project - create new datasets within the project and grant the `bigquery.dataOwner` role for these new datasets These permissions are required for Fivetran to access
Google Analytics 360 tables and create the jobs necessary to query the BigQuery tables. Use a separate project for datasets that you do not want Fivetran to be able to query.
Set up a Google Cloud Platform Bucket
You need to host a Google Cloud Platform Bucket for Fivetran to use temporarily as a staging environment while we perform your syncs. The benefit is faster sync times for large data sets, which are common in Google Analytics 360 connectors. This bucket must be in the same Google Cloud Project as your Google Analytics 360 export destination.
- Navigate to the Google Cloud Console Storage browser.
- On storage browser screen, select Create a Bucket.
- Name and configure your bucket.
- Make a note of your bucket name. You will need it to fill in your Fivetran Google Analytics 360 setup form.
- After you create your bucket, grant Fivetran access to the bucket through the Permissions tab in the bucket details.
- Enter the auto-generated email address you copied from the Fivetran setup form as a new member and assign it the "Storage Object Admin" role. Then click Save.
- Return to the Fivetran setup form.
- Enter your desired destination schema name.
- Enter the Project ID.
- Enter the Dataset ID.
- In the Bucket Name field, enter the name of the bucket you set up.
- Click Save & Test. Fivetran will take it from here and sync your data from Google Analytics 360.