Quickstart Data Models Betalink
Updated November 1, 2023
Use Quickstart data models to run Fivetran's pre-built data models.
Fivetran offers dbt Core*-compatible data models for our most popular connectors, which transform your destination data into analytics-ready datasets. Quickstart data models allows you to use these pre-built data models without building out your own dbt project.
Once you set up a Quickstart data model, Fivetran creates the dbt project and the transformations for you. We then run the transformations according to the schedule you choose. You can view, edit, and delete each transformation from your Transformations dashboard.
IMPORTANT: Only output models are displayed for Quickstart transformations because they have the most analytical value.
See the following list of connectors that support Quickstart data models. The list also has links to the data model documentation pages for each connector for quick navigation:
NOTE: If you'd like more connectors to support Quickstart data models, submit your request.
You must have an active connector of the relevant type. For example, to use the HubSpot Quickstart data model, you must have an active HubSpot connector.
- You can only associate a Quickstart data model with one connector. If you’d like to run a Quickstart data model for multiple connectors, you must create a Quickstart data model for each one.
- You must use the same destination credentials for your Quickstart data model as you use for your connector. For example, if your connector loads data into the Test destination, you must use the Test destination to transform the data.
The following destinations support Fivetran's Quickstart data models:
NOTE: If you'd like more destinations to support Quickstart data models, contact Support to submit your request.
Manage data modelslink
Add a Quickstart data modellink
Select the destination.
Your Transformations page varies slightly based on whether or not you have set up any transformations for this destination:
- If you don't have any transformations:
- Click the Get Started button.
- Under Quickstart data models, click Install data models.
- If you have set up transformations, click Add transformation > Quickstart Transformation.
- If you don't have any transformations:
In the Quickstart data models page’s Select output models section, enter the following information:
- Source type: Choose your data source.
- Connector: Choose the specific connector whose data you want to transform.
NOTE: The Output models section automatically populates based on the source type. To learn more about these models, click Read model descriptions.
The Set schedule section then appears. Choose the schedule type (fully integrated, partially integrated, or custom) for the Quickstart data model. If you selected a custom schedule, choose the days, frequency, and runtime for your transformation runs.
TIP: We recommend using a fully integrated schedule. Learn more in our integrated scheduling documentation.
View a Quickstart data modellink
In your Transformations page, click Settings.
On the Quickstart Transformations Management tab, you'll see the following information for each Quickstart data model:
- Connectors: The connector associated with the Quickstart data model.
- Quickstart Models: The Quickstart data model name (usually the data source). You can filter this list by model type.
- Transformations: The number of output models in the Quickstart data model, as well as their status (live or removed).
- Schedules: The schedule type for all output models in the Quickstart data model (integrated, custom, or a mix of the two).
- Upgrades: Fivetran periodically updates our pre-built data models. When your output models have an upgrade ready, we notify you in this column.
Edit a Quickstart data model schedulelink
On the Quickstart Transformations tab, click the three vertical dots to the right of the transformation name, then click Edit all schedules.
A pop-up window appears with your transformation’s current schedule. Make your desired changes, then click Update all schedules to update the schedules for all output models in the Quickstart data model.
Edit an output model schedulelink
On the main Transformations page, click the three vertical dots to the right of the output model name, then click View Schedule.
On the Schedule tab, edit the output model's schedule, then click Save.
Upgrade a Quickstart data modellink
In the Upgrades column of the Quickstart Transformations tab, click Upgrade available.
A pop-up window appears with a brief description of the upgrades and a list of the output models that are affected. Read it, then click Update package.
Delete a Quickstart data modellink
IMPORTANT: When you delete all output models in a Quickstart package, that package is completely removed from your dashboard, and you can no longer view its run history. If you want to schedule this transformation later, you must add a new Quickstart transformation. The new transformation will not include run history from the original model.
On the Quickstart Transformations tab, click the three vertical dots to the right of the data model name, then click Remove transformations.
A pop-up window appears with a warning about deleting your data model. Read it, then click Remove transformations.
Delete an output modellink
On the main Transformations page, click the three vertical dots to the right of the output model name, then click Remove transformation.
A pop-up window appears with a warning about deleting your output model. Read it, then click Remove.
Restore a Quickstart data modellink
On the Quickstart Transformations tab, click on the three vertical dots to the right of the data model name, then click Restore transformations.
A pop-up window appears with a list of your active and inactive transformations. In the Select models to restore section, check the boxes of all transformations you want to restore.
Define a schedule (integrated or custom) for the restored models.
Click Restore transformations.
* dbt Core is a trademark of dbt Labs, Inc. All rights therein are reserved to dbt Labs, Inc. Fivetran Transformations is not a product or service of or endorsed by dbt Labs, Inc.