Google Analytics Setup Guide
Follow our setup guide to connect Google Analytics to Fivetran.
To connect Google Analytics to Fivetran, you need a Google User account with permissions to access Google Analytics accounts you'd like to sync.
- In the top right corner of your Fivetran Dashboard, click on + Connector.
- Select the Google Analytics connector to launch the Google Analytics Setup Form.
- Enter your destination schema name table name.
- Click Authorize and log into your Google Analytics account.
- Select how many months of reporting data you'd like to include in your initial sync.
- Choose the sync mode: Sync All Accounts or Sync Specific Accounts.
- Select the accounts that you'd like to sync.
- Select the profiles that you'd like to sync.
- Select the dimensions and metrics that you'd like to sync.
- Click on the Show Advanced Options button if you want to customise your reports on selected parameters. Skip the next two bullet points if you do not want to use the advanced options.
- Enter the dimensions and/or metrics on which to filter, followed by the filter expression in the Filter text field. This will ensure that the reports are filtered on the basis of the selected parameters.
- Select the desired segments from the drop down list in the Segment field. This will ensure that the reports are generated on the basis of the selected segments.
- Click Save & Test. Fivetran will take it from here and sync your data from your Google Analytics account.
Limits on queries
There is a Google-imposed limit of:
- 7 Dimensions (6 + the "Date" dimension, which is mandatory) per report
- 10 Metrics per report
Not all dimensions and metrics can be queried together. Only certain dimensions and metrics can be used together to create valid combinations. Our setup form will ensure combinations are valid. However, checking yourself beforehand will avoid any surprises.
Use these Google resources to pick your metrics and dimensions: