Fivetran supports SQL Server data warehouse as a destination. Integrating your SQL Server as a data warehouse is the same as integrating it as a database. You can find more information about it on Fivetran's databases section on SQL Server.
Please make sure the following items are true before getting setup or make sure you have the permissions and ability to configure the following before going through the setup process:
- Version 2012 or above
- IP (e.g. 184.108.40.206) or host (your.server.com)
- Port (usually 1433)
- Access to your SQL Server via Fivetran's IP
- A Fivetran-specific SQL Server user with write-level permissions
Type transformation mapping
The data types in your SQL Server warehouse follow Fivetran's standard data type storage.
We use the following data type conversions:
|Fivetran Data Type||Destination Data Type|
Fivetran supports connecting with different database types. We have specific instructions for connecting to each.
NOTE: There are a few limitations on the size of the primary key columns:
1) The maximum size of a single String primary key column is 256 bytes. This limitation is imposed by Fivetran.
2) SQL Server also imposes limitations on key columns. Please refer to this Microsoft documentation for a complete list of maximum capacity specifications for SQL Server.
Data load costs
Whether you are self-hosting SQL Server or using a managed service, you will not be charged extra when we load data into your warehouse.