Heroku Setup Guide
Heroku is a fully managed container-based cloud platform, with integrated data services and a powerful ecosystem, for deploying and running apps. The Heroku developer experience is based on an app-centric approach to software delivery, and integrates with today's most popular developer tools and workflows.
First you will need to find the IP/Hostname and Port for your database in the Heroku App.
- Log into your Heroku app.
- On the dashboard go to 'Add-ons'.
- Click on the Postgres database you have Heroku connected to.
- In the 'Connection Settings' section you will need the Host and Port.
- Proceed to the instructions below to connect your Postgres to Fivetran.
Note - Logical Replication is not supported by Heroku Postgres so we use XMIN system column for incremental updates. As a result, our Heroku Postgres connection does NOT support replicating deleted data. If you would like this feature to be supported, please reach out to Heroku Support to let them know.