The account management page is a subsection of the Fivetran dashboard where you can manage administrative aspects of your account. Only account owners have access to the account management page of the Fivetran dashboard.
Note: If you have a Standard or Enterprise account, you can also manage your Fivetran account using our REST API. See our REST API documentation for details.
Navigating account management
The page is organized into tabs, where you can manage the following aspects of your Fivetran account:
|Destinations||Access the dashboard for each destination and manage the destinations associated with your account.|
|Users||Manage users and their permissions.|
|Roles||Manage and create custom roles to restrict access in a more granular way.|
|Settings||Change the account security configuration.|
|Billing||View the account billing details, add a credit card, or change your plan selection.|
|Usage||View the account credit usage and MAR (monthly active rows).|
You can access the account management section directly by navigating to https://fivetran.com/account.
Or, if you start from your Fivetran dashboard, open the top left dropdown menu and click Manage Account.
On the Destinations tab, you can perform the following actions for destinations associated with your account:
- See a list of account destinations
- Access the dashboard for each destination
- Remove destinations
- Add destinations
To add a destination, click + Destination. To remove an existing destination, click the X to the right of its name.
On the Users tab, you can:
- View the list of users who are members of your account and their permissions
- Add users to your account
- Remove users from your account
- Set users' permissions for the account
- Set users' permissions for specific destinations within your account
View user list
The first column of the table lists the user names. The second column of the table lists account member roles. The subsequent columns lists roles for account destinations (one column per destination).
Add or remove users
To add a new account or destination member, click + User. To remove an existing user, click the X to the right of the user name. (If your account has many destinations, you may need to scroll to the right to see the Xs.)
Fivetran supports three user roles for accounts: Owner, Billing, and Read Only.
The following table shows each account role and its permissions:
|Role||Manage Destinations||Manage Security||Manage Users||View Account||View Usage||View Billing||Manage Billing|
Account permissions grant access to the following actions:
- Manage Destinations - create and remove destinations
- Manage Security - change account authentication configuration (accessible in the Settings tab)
- Manage Users - invite users to your account or remove them
- View Account - view the list of destinations and users for your account
- View Usage - view the credit consumption and MAR (monthly active rows) for all connectors and destinations in your account
- View Billing - view your account's billing details (such as credit cards or invoices)
- Manage Billing - add a credit card or change your billing plan
Fivetran supports four built-in user roles for destinations, each of which has different levels of permission.
The following table shows built-in destination roles and their permissions (scroll right to see the full table):
|Role||Manage Destination||Manage Log||Manage Users||Manage Connectors||Manage Transformations||Upload||View Destination|
Destination permissions grant access to the following actions:
- Manage Destination - set up and edit destination connection
- Manage Log - set up/edit log service connection
- Manage Users - invite users to the destination or remove them
- Manage Connectors - set up, edit, and remove connectors
- Manage Transformations - set up, edit, and remove transformations
- Upload - upload files (in the Upload section)
- View Destination - view all destination information (connectors, users, and config)
You can also define custom destination roles.
In the Roles tab, you can view the list of roles defined for your account and create new custom roles. You cannot create custom account roles. You can only create custom destination roles.
To see the permissions defined for a role, select the arrow next to its name.
Custom destination permissions
The feature is available only for Enterprise accounts.
In addition to basic destination permissions, you can configure custom destination roles. Custom destination roles enable account owners to create and assign custom roles to limit create, edit, and delete access to specific connector types. Built-in roles (Admin, Analyst, Uploader, and Read Only) are also available in the roles list, but you can't modify them.
Create a custom role
To add a new custom role, follow these steps:
Click + Role at the top right.
Name your custom role.
Select the permissions for the custom role, including access to manage specific sources.
Click Create Role to save.
Update a custom role
To edit a custom role, follow these steps:
- Hover over the role and click the pencil icon on the right.
- Edit the name or permissions, including access to manage specific sources.
- Click Update Role to save.
Delete a Custom Role
To delete a custom role, follow these steps:
- Hover over the role and clicking the X icon on the right.
- From the drop-down, select the role to which you'd like to assign the users previously assigned to the role you are deleting.
Note: By default, users who were assigned to your custom role are moved to Read-Only.
- Click Delete Role to permanently make this change.
In the Settings tab, you can change the account security configuration.
Configure SAML login in the SAML Config section of the Settings tab.
To configure SSO with SAML, follow these steps:
Switch the Enable SAML authentication toggle to on.
If you want users to be created on first login with SAML, keep Enable user provisioning on.
Set the Sign on URL field value to the one provided by your SAML identity provider.
Specify the Issuer field, copying the issuer value from your SAML identity provider.
Copy and paste your SAML identity provider's public certificate to the Public certificate field.
Supported identity providers
We officially support the following identity providers:
You can set up "Fivetran" from the app catalogs for these identity providers.
If you would like us to offer official support for any other identity provider, let us know and we will evaluate your request.
If you would like to try using a SAML 2.0 compliant identity provider that we don’t support, you can attempt it with these settings:
- ACS: https://fivetran.com/login/saml/return
- NameID: must be user's email
- Required custom attributes:
- FirstName - user's first name
- LastName - user's last name
Note: This method is not fully supported and may not work with an identity provider that does not support our requirements. If you run into issues we would be happy to evaluate adding official support for your identity provider.
Follow the instructions in the PingOne installation wizard. Configure custom attributes as shown in the screenshot below (no need to change any other app setting):
In the Billing tab, you can see your account billing details, add a credit card, change your plan selection, and talk to our sales team. To learn how to use the Billing tab, watch this short video:
In the Usage tab, you can see your account credit usage and MAR (monthly active rows). To learn more about what you can do in the Usage tab and to understand MAR, see our Consumption-Based Pricing documentation.