Account owners have access to the account management section. To access the section, open the top left dropdown menu and click "Manage Account":
On the "Destination" tab you see the list of account destinations. To add a destination, click "+ Destination." To remove an existing destination, click the cross icon on the right.
On the "Users" tab you can manage the account/destination members and their permissions.
To add a new account/destination member click on "+ User" button at the top right. To remove an existing user, click on the cross icon on the right adjacent to the corresponding user.
The second column of the table represents account member roles. The following columns represent roles for account destinations (one column per destination).
Fivetran supports two user roles for accounts:
|Role||Manage Destinations||Manage Security||Manage Users||View Account||View Billing|
- Manage Destinations - create and remove destinations
- Manage Security - change account auth configuration (accessible on the "Settings" tab)
- Manage Users - invite users to the account or remove them
- View Account - view the list of destinations for the account
- View Billing - view the credit consumption and monthly active rows for all connectors/destinations within the account
Fivetran supports four built-in user roles for destinations, each of which has different levels of permission. Here's a table with the destination roles and permissions:
|Role||Manage Destination||Manage Log||Manage Users||Manage Connectors||Manage Transformations||Upload||View Destination|
- Manage Destination - set up/edit destination connection
- Manage Log - set up/edit log service connection
- Manage Users - invite users to the destination or remove them
- Manage Connectors - set up/edit/remove connectors
- Manage Transformations - set up/edit/remove transformations
- Upload - upload files (in the "Upload" section)
- View Destination - view all destination information (connectors/users/config)
It's also possible to define custom destination roles.
Custom Destination Permissions
The feature is available only for Enterprise accounts.
In addition to basic Destination Permissions, you can configure custom destination roles:
Custom destination roles enable account owners to create and assign custom roles to limit create, edit, and delete access to specific connector types. Built-in roles (Admin, Analyst, Uploader, and Read Only) are also available in the roles list, but you can't modify them.
Create a Custom Role
To add a new custom role, click + Role at the top right.
Name your custom role and select the options you want to include in this new custom role, including access to manage specific sources.
Click Create Role to save.
Update a Custom Role
- Edit a custom role by hovering over the role and clicking the pencil icon on the right.
- Edit name or change the options you want to include, including access to manage specific sources.
- Click Update Role to save.
Delete a Custom Role
- Delete a custom role by hovering over the role and clicking the X icon on the right.
- This action will permanently delete the role and move users to a new role. By default, users who are assigned to your custom role will be moved to Read-Only. If you'd like to move users included in the role to a different role, select that role from the drop-down.
- Click Delete Role to permanently make this change.