Release Life Cyclelink
Updated 10 days ago
Support Duration for Fivetran Local Data Processing Releaseslink
- Major release versions of Fivetran Local Data Processing are supported for 3 years from their General Availability (GA) release date.
- A minor release (e.g. 6.1.2) or a patch release (e.g. 6.1.0/1 or 6.1.0/1.1) does not prolong the support duration. For example, if version 6.1 will expire at date X then that date will not be extended if version 6.1.2 is released a year later.
- Fivetran offers two years of "extended" support for the final version of a major release.
- Fivetran Local Data Processing is NOT compatible with HVR 5
The following table shows the release and support dates for the most recent major releases of Fivetran Local Data Processing:
|Release||GA Release Date||End of Regular Support||Support Status|
|6.2||Planned Q1 2024||-||-|
- Fivetran Local Data Processing versions are 'network compatible' with the two previous major versions, but not with versions that have a different initial number. For example, Fivetran Local Data Processing 6.1 is network compatible with 6.2 and 6.3, but not with HVR 5.7.
- Fivetran Local Data Processing is not compatible with the HVR versions 5.x and 4.x. So, ensure that version 6.x is installed on the Hub machine and Agent machine.
- When using a mix of Fivetran Local Data Processing versions, note that each bug fix or feature is only effective if the correct installation/machine is upgraded. For example, if a new release fixes an integrate bug, then that release must be installed on the machine(s) that performs integrate. So if only the hub machine(s) is(are) upgraded, then there will be no benefit. To decide whether each installation needs to be upgraded, see the descriptions in the release notes (directory path HVR_HOME/hvr.rel). Each description ends with a line saying which machine(s) must be upgraded for that specific bug fix or feature to be effective.
Supported Operating System (OS) Releaseslink
- The release notes (directory path HVR_HOME/hvr.rel) lists the supported OS versions (such as "Solaris for SPARC, version 10 and higher") for each Fivetran Local Data Processing release.
- Once an OS version is supported by Fivetran Local Data Processing, support for that platform will continue until the OS supplier ends its "mainstream support". After that date the support for Fivetran Local Data Processing goes from "Regular" to "Sunset", which means that our support continues (including the new Fivetran Local Data Processing versions), but eventually it may be withdrawn without notice.
- A customer may request that Fivetran makes support for an OS version "Extended" instead of "Sunset", which means that our support will not be withdrawn as long as the customer continues to share information about the production status of that OS version for the customer, and Fivetran can reasonably continue to support the platform.
- A consequence of the end of Fivetran support is that we are no longer able to supply patches for that OS version.
- Fivetran Local Data Processing supports Linux based on a minimal glibc version of 2.12 which is not limited to the Enterprise products below. As long as the version of Linux is compatible with glibc it should work.
To see which OS versions are supported by Fivetran Local Data Processing, see Supported Platforms.
The following table shows the OS suppliers support status of specific OS versions as known by Fivetran Local Data Processing.
|OS Version||Release Date from Supplier||End of Mainstream Support from Supplier||Fivetran Support Status|
|AIX 6.1||2008-09-12||2017-04-30||Sunset by IBM|
|HPUX Itanium 11.31||2007-01-02||2014-01-12||Sunset by HP|
|HPUX Itanium 11.23||2003-01-10||2010-01-12||Sunset by HP|
|Red Hat 9||2022-05-18||2027-05-31||Regular|
|Red Hat 8||2019-05-07||2024-05-31||Regular|
|Red Hat 7||2014-06-10||2024-06-10||Regular|
|Red Hat 6||2010-10-11||2020-11-30||Sunset by RedHat|
|Red Hat 5||2007-03-15||2017-03-31||Sunset by RedHat|
|SUSE ES 15||2018-07-16||2028-07-31||Regular|
|SUSE ES 12||2014-10-27||2024-10-31||Regular|
|SUSE ES 11||2009-03-24||2019-03-31||Sunset by SUSE|
|Solaris 11||2011-01-11||2021-01-11||Sunset by Oracle|
|Solaris 10||2005-01-01||2018-01-01||Sunset by Oracle|
|Windows 10||2015-07-29||2019-04-09||Sunset by Microsoft|
|Windows Server 2019||2018-10-02||2024-01-09||Regular|
|Windows Server 2016||2016-09-26||2022-01-11||Sunset by Microsoft|
|Windows Server 2012||2012-10-30||2018-09-10||Sunset by Microsoft|
|Windows Server 2008||2008-12-29||2015-01-13||Sunset by Microsoft|
Supported DBMS Releaseslink
- The release notes (directory path HVR_HOME/hvr.rel) lists the supported DBMS versions (such as "Oracle: version 12.1, 12.2, 18c and 19c") for each Fivetran Local Data Processing release. The list of supported DBMS versions is different for Fivetran Local Data Processing on each OS platform.
- Subsequent major versions of the DBMS (such as "Oracle 20") are not automatically supported, but may be recertified by Fivetran after QA testing. But patches to a supported DBMS version are automatically supported by Fivetran Local Data Processing (no recertification is done at patch level).
- Once a DBMS version is supported by Fivetran Local Data Processing on a given OS platform, support for that DBMS version will continue at least until the DBMS supplier ends its "mainstream support". After that date Fivetran support goes from "Regular" to "Sunset", which means that our support continues (including new Fivetran Local Data Processing versions), but eventually it will be withdrawn without notice.
- A customer may request that Fivetran makes support for a DBMS version "Extended" instead of "Sunset", which means that our support will not be withdrawn as long as the customer continues to share information about the production status of that DBMS version for the customer, and Fivetran can reasonably continue to support the platform.
- A consequence of the end of Fivetran support is that we are no longer able to supply patches for that DBMS.
To see which DBMS releases are supported by Fivetran Local Data Processing, see Supported Platforms.
The following table shows the DBMS suppliers support status of specific DBMS versions as known by Fivetran Local Data Processing.
|DBMS Version||Release Date from Supplier||End of Mainstream Support from Supplier||Fivetran Support Status|
|Db2 for i 7.4||2019-04-15||Not Announced||Regular|
|Db2 for i 7.3||2016-04-15||Not Announced||Regular|
|Db2 for i 7.2||2014-05-02||2021-04-30||Sunset by IBM|
|Db2 for i 7.1||2010-04-23||2018-04-30||Sunset by IBM|
|Db2 for LUW 11.5||2019-06-25||Not Announced||Regular|
|Db2 for LUW 11.1||2016-06-01||2022-04-30||Sunset by IBM|
|Db2 for LUW 10.5||2013-07-26||2020-04-30||Sunset by IBM|
|Db2 for LUW 10.1||2012-06-11||2017-09-30||Sunset by IBM|
|Db2 for LUW 9.8||2010-01-15||2015-01-05||Sunset by IBM|
|Db2 for LUW 9.7||2010-11-19||2015-01-05||Sunset by IBM|
|Ingres 11.0||2017-03-21||2022-06-30||Sunset by Actian|
|Ingres 10.2||2014-09-04||2019-09-01||Sunset by Actian|
|Ingres 10.1||2012-05-01||2017-05-31||Sunset by Actian|
|Ingres 10.0||2010-09-01||2016-12-31||Sunset by Actian|
|MySQL 5.6||2013-02-05||2021-02-01||Sunset by Oracle|
|Oracle 18||2018-02-16||2021-06-08||Sunset by Oracle|
|Oracle 12.2||2017-03-01||2022-03-31||Sunset by Oracle|
|Oracle 12.1||2013-01-06||2018-01-07||Sunset by Oracle|
|Oracle 11.2||2009-01-09||2015-01-01||Sunset by Oracle|
|SQL Server 2019||2019-11-04||2025-01-17||Regular|
|SQL Server 2017||2017-10-02||2022-10-11||Sunset|
|SQL Server 2016||2016-06-01||2021-07-13||Sunset by Microsoft|
|SQL Server 2014||2014-06-05||2019-06-05||Sunset by Microsoft|
|SQL Server 2012||2012-05-20||2017-11-07||Sunset by Microsoft|
|SQL Server 2008||2008-11-06||2014-08-07||Sunset by Microsoft|
|Analytic DBMS Version||Release Date from Supplier||End of Mainstream Support from Supplier||HVR Support Status|
|Actian Vector (Vectorwise) 5.x||2016-06-01||2020-06-30||Sunset by Actian|
|Actian Vector (Vectorwise) 4.x||2015-03-01||2018-12-31||Sunset by Actian|
|Greenplum 6.x||2019-10-11||Not Announced||Regular|
|Greenplum 5.21- 5.28.x||2019-07-12||Not Announced||Regular|
|Teradata 16.20||2017-12-01||Not Announced||Regular|
|Teradata 16.10||2017-06-01||Not Announced||Regular|
|Teradata 16||2016-12-01||Not Announced||Regular|