Error: Connection Attempt Failedlink
Updated November 29, 2023
While connecting a database connector directly, the following error appears:
The connection attempt failed
Database connectors using the direct connection method
The connector is unable to connect to the source database. The connection attempt may have failed for one of the following reasons:
- The source is terminating the connection.
- The source is blocking Fivetran through a firewall.
- The source is timing out the connection.
- Make sure all credentials are correct.
- Verify the source database has a public-facing IP address.
- Verify that IPs are allowed from the public Internet to the source database bi-directionally on the database port.
- Use the public IP instead of the hostname.
- Attempt to connect to the source database from a machine separated by the Internet. This method mimics how Fivetran connects to your database and can recreate the error conditions you see in the Fivetran dashboard.
TIP: Dbeaver is a free database connection UI that you may want to use.