Mailchimp MAR Managementlink
Updated November 1, 2023
Mailchimp Connector Overviewlink
The sync strategy ensures that every table has the most recent data and that your historical email activity fills in over time:
- Sync everything except email activities by iteratively querying the Mailchimp API 3.0.
- Prioritize the email activity exports based on the amount of email activity that has yet to be synced.
- Export the highest priority email activities using Batch Operations.
- After 8 hours, finish and record how far back historical email activities are synced to.
- When you delete a list member in Mailchimp, their activity (sent, open, click, bounce) is deleted as well. Therefore, the data Fivetran delivers will sum to slightly less than the aggregate reporting in Mailchimp's dashboard.
- Unsubscribes are also captured in the
UNSUBSCRIBEtable, which indicates the campaign or automation email which triggered the list member to unsubscribe. The
campaign_idis a foreign key reference to the ID field of both the
- If enabled, the segment_member table is only updated once per day.
- Fivetran excludes the
AUDIT_LOGtables from the sync by default because they can be large tables and may degrade performance. If you wish to sync these tables, go to the Schema tab of your Fivetran dashboard and select the tables.
What Contributes Towards MAR?link
The main tables that contribute most to MAR are
The primary actions that will contribute toward MAR are :
- Creating new segments/lists
- Running new campaigns
Running new campaigns are the main source of MAR by registering the return of these campaigns (email activities) in the
SEGMENT_MEMBER tables, as well as by updating existing records.
Managing MAR for this Connectorlink
- Be aware of campaigns that are targeting long lists as each targeted email will contribute toward MAR in the
SEGMENT_MEMBERtable is disabled by default. Only enable it if that data is needed.
- Expect high MAR at the start of each month if your campaigns include most of your contacts. The MAR would be more spread across the month if you run many targeted campaigns.