Salesforce Marketing Cloud Setup Guide
Follow our setup guide to connect Salesforce Marketing Cloud to Fivetran.
To connect Salesforce Marketing Cloud to Fivetran, you need a Salesforce Marketing Cloud account.
In Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Obtain Client ID and Client Secret
Log in to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account.
In the upper right corner, select your user name to open the drop-down menu, and select Setup.
On the left navigation pane, go to Platform Tools > Apps > Installed Packages.
Click New to create a new package. Enter a name and click Save.
Select your new package from the list of packages to go to its detail page.
In the Components section, select Add Component.
Select API Integration as your component type and click Next.
Select Server-to-Server as your integration type.
Give Read permissions to Email, OTT, Push, SMS, Social, Web, Documents and Images, Saved Content, and Journeys.
Find your Client ID, Client Secret, and subdomain in the Components section of your package details page. (After you create a new component, you will be taken to that page automatically.)
- Your subdomain is part of the base URIs. The URIs have the same subdomain. For example, the Authentication Base URI is in the format `https://YOUR_SUBDOMAIN.auth.marketingcloudapis.com/`.
Find Marketing Cloud Instance
Log in to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account and find your Marketing Cloud ID (MID).
Follow this link and enter your MID. You will find your instance (s1, s4, s5, s6, s7, s8, s10 or s50) below.
- In the top right corner of your Fivetran Dashboard, click on + Connector.
- Select the Salesforce Marketing Cloud connector to launch the setup form.
- Enter your destination schema name.
- Enter your Salesforce Marketing Cloud Client ID and Secret.
- Select the instance your Marketing Cloud account runs on, from the drop down menu.
- Set the Is Enhanced Installed Package toggle to ENABLED, to indicate that your package uses OAuth 2.0.
- Enter your subdomain details.
- Click Save & Test. Fivetran will take it from here and sync your data from your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account.