Microsoft Teams Setup Guide Lite Private Previewlink
Updated November 16, 2023
Follow our setup guide to connect Microsoft Teams to Fivetran.
To connect Microsoft Teams to Fivetran, you need:
- An active Azure account with any of the following roles:
- Application administrator
- Application developer
- Cloud application administrator role
- An active Microsoft Teams account
Register application and add permissionslink
Log in to your Microsoft Entra admin center.
On the navigation menu, go to Identity > Applications > App registrations.
Click + New registration.
Enter a Name for your application.
In the Supported account types section, select Accounts in this organizational directory only.
In the Redirect URI (optional) section, from the dropdown menu, select Web and enter a URI.
Click Register. Make a note of the Application (client) ID and Directory (tenant) ID.
On the app navigation menu, click API Permissions.
Click Add a permission, and select Microsoft Graph.
Click Delegated permissions, enter "Mail." in the Select permissions text box, in the Mail dropdown, select the Mail.Read checkbox.
Click Application permissions, enter "User." in the Select permissions text box, in the User dropdown, select the User.Read.All checkbox.
Click Add permissions.
Click Grant admin consent for <Application_name>, and then select Yes.
Create client secret link
Select the application you registered in Step 1.
On the navigation menu, click Certificates & secrets and then click + New client secret.
In the Add a client secret pane, enter a Description for the client secret.
In the Expires drop-down menu, select an expiry period for the client secret.
Make a note of the client secret value.
Finish Fivetran configuration link
- In the connector setup form, enter your chosen Destination schema name.
- Enter the Tenant ID and Client ID you found in Step 1.
- Enter the Client Secret you found in Step 2.
- Click Save & Test. Fivetran will take it from here and sync your data from your Microsoft Teams account.